Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Ok, ok, ok...

...Cupid, that is. I sent out two okCupid messages tonight, bringing my grand total of initiated conversations to three (well, I uppose a conversation requires two-way communication, so the total remains zero for the moment). I've received a few messages, but passively waiting doesn't seem like the best strategy.

But anyway, I don't really plan on writing at length about my lack of love-life on okCupid (though it's actually a socially and intellectually interesting topic...perhaps another time). It was more of an excuse to get me to post on here again, which has been a challenge, but now seemed like a good time.

I write this in a hotel room bed here in Sunnyvale, having returned for a week of fun (?) at Yahoo, unfortunately saddled with some sort of head cold that's had me sniffling, etc. for the last 48hrs or so. But more importantly, I'm feeling introspective more so than usual, which I credit to the confluence of finishing the semester (alleviating the stress of papers and such and giving me the simultaneously pleasurable and disconcerting chance to actually THINK more), beginning to read Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi's Flow, and traveling back to California. It's strange how even a short term relocation (I'm here for only two weeks) can provide a perspective shift.

So that's where I am, to overwhelmingly condense things, and unfortunately I'm too tired to write more now, but I want to start fleshing some of these things out in the days to come. Hopefully I can pull it off this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment